Summer Camp (School Age)
HEATHER BREWER, LEAD TEACHER
Ms. Heather is currently working on a Bachelors of Social Work degree at Kansas University. She joined our team in May, 2010 and has worked with children of all ages. She was an assistant teacher for our 2012 summer camps and is now a lead teacher for our 2013 camps.
MARY WHITEHEAD, LEAD TEACHER
KATIE CLINE, ASSISTANT TEACHER
2013 EXPLORERS AND NAVIGATORS
WEEKLY CAMP THEMES
Our camp program provides families the flexibility of selecting the weeks their children will attend. We provide a list of scheduled activities in advance so families can make sure their children are here for the activities they most enjoy! The weekly tuition rate includes all field trips and on-site activities, a morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, two camp t-shirts and a water bottle.
- Exciting room for children entering first grade through 12 years old that allows children to explore and learn about the Kansas City area
- Children go on 3-4 field trips per week including the Kansas City Zoo, Jellystone Park, Cosmic Jump Trampoline park, swimming every Friday, and more
- Parents are welcome to attend field trips with their child
- Huge inflatables, the "Defender Dome" and "Super Sports Zone" are brought to Hillcrest
- Arts and crafts and Legos are plentiful
- All teachers are First Aid and CPR trained
- Lessons are fun and relaxed, yet give children an opportunity to continue learning throughout the summer
- Lessons focus on all subject areas: Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Science