Summer Camp (School Age)
HEATHER BREWER, LEAD TEACHER
Ms. Heather is currently working on a Bachelors of Social Work degree at Kansas University. She joined our team in May, 2010 and has worked with children of all ages. She was an assistant teacher for our 2012 summer camps and is now the Lead Teacher for our 2013 Explorers Camp.
MARY WHITEHEAD, LEAD TEACHER
Ms. Mary is pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education from Pittsburg State University. She has worked at Hillcrest for three years on her summer and spring breaks, providing care to children of all ages. Mary is the Lead Teacher for our 2013 Navigators Camp.
KATIE CLINE, ASSISTANT TEACHER
Ms. Katie has worked in our Summer Camp program for five years and most recently worked in a Juvenille Center this past school year. She has a bachelor's degree in Physical Education from Pittsburg State University. Katie is in charge of all summer camp field trips and provides assistance to both the Explorers and Navigators camps.
IAN ROBINSON, ASSISTANT TEACHER
Mr. Ian worked in our Summer Camp program last year and is returning this year to the Navigator's camp. He is pursuing a degree in Communications and playing baseball at Pittsburg State University.
2013 EXPLORERS AND NAVIGATORS
WEEKLY CAMP THEMES
Our camp program provides families the flexibility of selecting the weeks their children will attend. We provide a list of scheduled activities in advance so families can make sure their children are here for the activities they most enjoy! The weekly tuition rate includes all field trips and on-site activities, a morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, two camp t-shirts and a water bottle.
- Exciting room for children entering first grade through 12 years old that allows children to explore and learn about the Kansas City area
- Children go on 3-4 field trips per week including the Kansas City Zoo, Jellystone Park, Cosmic Jump Trampoline park, swimming every Friday, and more
- Parents are welcome to attend field trips with their child
- Huge inflatables, the "Defender Dome" and "Super Sports Zone" are brought to Hillcrest
- Arts and crafts and Legos are plentiful
- All teachers are First Aid and CPR trained
- Lessons are fun and relaxed, yet give children an opportunity to continue learning throughout the summer
- Lessons focus on all subject areas: Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Science